9/5/07

Larry Craig Left Message at Wrong Number

In addition to be a pervert, US Senator Larry Craig is also incredibly stupid. It seems he left a message discussing spin strategies regarding his decision to reconsider resignation AT THE WRONG NUMBER.

"Yes, Billy, this is Larry Craig calling. You can reach me on my cell. [Sen.] Arlen Specter [R-Pa.] is now willing to come out in my defense, arguing that it appears, by all that he knows, that I've been railroaded and all of that," Craig said on the voice mail. "Having all of that, we've reshaped my statement a little bit to say it is my 'intent' to resign on Sept. 30.

"I think it is very important for you to make as bold a statement as you are comfortable with this afternoon and I would hope you could make it in front of the cameras," Craig continued. "I think it would help drive the story that I am willing to fight, that I've got quality people out there fighting in my defense, and that this thing could take a new turn or a new shape; it has that
potential."

Although it could not be determined who the Senator was trying to reach when he incorrectly dialed the phone number, Craig recently hired Washington, D.C., lawyer Billy Martin, who put out a statement Saturday in support of his new client.

No comments: