9/4/07

Toy Soldier Collection

Malcolm Forbes, HG Wells and Douglas Fairbanks collected toy soldiers. I believe that I need a hobby that doesn't involve endless hours in front of a computer screen. So, I am also considering a toy soldier collection. It's a bizarre thought. I know absolutely nothing about the military or military history. The only uniform that I ever wore in my life was a baseball uniform. I'm not History Channel-type guy obsessed with the minutiae of obscure Civil War battles. I've never been interested in models or miniatures. It really makes no sense that I'd consider a toy soldier collection.

Regardless of how ridiculous the thought, I'm still intersted in toy soldiers. The Michigan Toy Soldier Company has a great website. I think that it would be neat to have a display case full of these little fellas behind my desk. Of course, toy soldiers are expensive. I have no extra money just sitting around. And, even if I did, my wife just wouldn't understand. So it's very unlikely that this will ever happy. But, if I win the lottery or something, I'd sure like to have a toy soldier collection.

No comments: